You know that even just one night of poor sleep affects how well you function the next day. Maybe you didn't get to bed till really late or maybe you tossed and turned all night trying to solve you and the world’s issues. And now you have woken up, tired and irritable and your body is struggling to function, and it’s hard to stay sharp and focused when really you are struggling to keep your eyes open. Lack of sleep also jangles your emotions and can leave you feeling irritable, snappy and not at all like yourself.
- Do you need an alarm clock to wake you up in the morning?
- Does it take 2 cups of coffee to make you really feel awake?
- Does it take another cup of coffee to keep you going after lunch?
- Do you look forward to weekends as the days when you can sleep in?
- Do you wake up in the middle of night - once or maybe more often?
- Do you seem to be awake for hours at a time thinking of what you have to do tomorrow or what happened yesterday?
- Do you feel wide awake between 2 and 4am?
- Are you waking in the middle of the night with hot sweats?
- Do you feel tired and yet still not able to sleep properly?
- Do you have difficulty falling asleep?
If the answer to any of these questions is, "Yes," you probably aren't getting enough good quality sleep. Few symptoms are quite as disruptive as insomnia because it affects both physical and mental health so dramatically.
If lack of sleep is affecting your health and wellbeing then make an appointment to see Caroline and get your life back on track.